DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) – The head of Aramex says the Middle East-based shipping company has stopped accepting shipments from Yemen after last week’s parcel bomb plot.
CEO Fadi Ghandour told The Associated Press on Wednesday the firm halted shipments as a precautionary measure immediately after the plot was discovered on Friday. Officials believe the explosives were sent by al-Qaeda operatives in Yemen.
Aramex is listed on Dubai’s main stock exchange. The Middle East is its biggest market, but it also has operations in Europe, Asia and the U.S.