Middle-east Arab News Opinion | Asharq Al-awsat

Emirates Won't Cancel A380 Order - ASHARQ AL-AWSAT English Archive
Select Page

DUBAI, June 21 (Reuters) – Dubai-based airline Emirates, the biggest customer for the Airbus A380, has given no thought to canceling its order despite the plane’s manufacturing delays.

“We are not considering canceling our order,” an Emirates official told Reuters on Wednesday. “We have not thought about that.”

Emirates had said it was informed by the manufacturer of a six-month delay in delivery of the aircraft and said it hoped to put the aircraft into operation by January 2008.

Emirates has ordered 43 of the A380 planes, which carries a list price of $300 million — by far the largest order for the plane.

Airbus is 80 percent-owned by EADS while Britain’s BAE Systems Plc owns the remaining 20 percent.

Emirates now expects to receive its first A380 in October 2007, to be put into operation in January 2008, an Emirates official had said earlier.

Asharq Al-Awsat

Asharq Al-Awsat

Asharq Al-Awsat is the world’s premier pan-Arab daily newspaper, printed simultaneously each day on four continents in 14 cities. Launched in London in 1978, Asharq Al-Awsat has established itself as the decisive publication on pan-Arab and international affairs, offering its readers in-depth analysis and exclusive editorials, as well as the most comprehensive coverage of the entire Arab world.

More Posts

Follow Me:
FacebookGoogle PlusYouTube