Riyadh, Asharq Al-Awsat – The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud made a statement to the people of Saudi Arabia on Friday.
In his statement the king said, “I am proud of you. Words and meanings cannot describe you. I say this to make history bear witness, pens write and to ensure that the national memory does not forget, that after Allah Almighty, you are the guarantors for the unity of this country and that you have struck at falsehood with truth, and at betrayal with loyalty and steadfastness through your faithful resolve.”
The king added, “Allow me to address the scholars at the Commission of Senior Scholars or outside it who, out of loyalty to the religion, stood and supported the word of Allah Almighty in confronting the voice of division and advocates of sedition. I also do not forget the thinkers of the nation and the writers who have fought the enemies of religion, homeland and the nation. I proudly say to each and every citizen that any nation that supports the word of truth has nothing to fear. You are at the heart of it and the trustees on religion and the security and stability of this nation.”
The king addressed the brave men of all military sectors and in particular the security men of the Interior Ministry saying, “You are the shield of this country and the striking hand against anyone tempted to undermine its security and stability. May Allah bless you in all you do.”
The king addressed the noble people saying, “Allah knows that I always hold you dear to my heart and that I derive determination, help and strength from Allah and then from you.”
He concluded by saying, “Don’t forget to pray Allah Almighty for me”.
The following is the package of royal decrees issued by Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, as listed on the Saudi Arabian Press Agency [SPA] website:
– A one time cash payment of two-month salary to all government employees and military personnel.
– A one time cash payment of two-month living stipends to all Saudi students studying abroad under a government scholarship.
– Payment of 2,000 SR [Saudi Riyals] per month for job-seekers in the public and private sectors.
– The establishment of a minimum wage for all Saudi government employees standing at 3,000 SR per month
– Building 500,000 residential units in all regions of the Kingdom and appropriating a total amount of 250 billion SR for that project which will be implemented under the supervision of the General Commission for Housing.
– Raising the maximum loan issued by the Real Estate Development Fund from 300,000 SR to 500,000 SR.
– The establishment of a National Commission to combat corruption.
– Appointment of Mohammad bin Abdullah Al-Shareef as President of the National Anti-Corruption Commission at the Rank of Minister
– Provision of 16 billion SR to the Ministry of Health to implement and expand several medical projects
– Raising the financial limit of the program of financing private hospitals at the Ministry of Finance from 50 million SR to 200 million SR.
– Creation of 60,000 military jobs for the Ministry of Interior
– Promotion of deserving officers and personnel of all military and security sectors approved in the current fiscal year to the next rank
– Establishment of bureaus for the General Presidency for Religious Research and Ifta in the Kingdom, with the creation of 300 jobs for this purpose and the allocation of 200 million SR to cover the needs of these branches.
– Preparation of a study to establish a Saudi Fiqh (Jurisprudence) Complex
– Allocation of 500 million SR for renovation of mosques in the Kingdom.
– Allocation of 200 million SR for supporting the holy Quran Memorization Associations in the Kingdom
– Allocation of 300 million SR for supporting the Ministry of Islamic Affairs Bureau of Call and Guidance.
– Allocation of 200 million SR for the completion of regional headquarters for the Commission of the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice [CPVPV] in the Kingdom.
– Creation of 500 jobs to boost monitoring efforts by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry to combat price manipulators.