RABAT, Morocco (AP) – Morocco’s official news agency says 47 people have been convicted and sentenced to up to 30 years in prison over a suicide bombing last year at a Casablanca Internet cafe.
The MAP agency says the court in Sale, Morocco, handed down a 30-year term to Abdelkrim Aot Ougard. The report did not specify his role. Twelve others were given six to 15 years.
Four others were acquitted in the verdict delivered late Thursday.
The convictions were linked to a March 2007 suicide bombing at a Casablanca cybercafe. Abdelfettah Raydi detonated his charge after the cafe’s owner caught him surfing an Islamist Web site.
The bombing sparked the police investigation that uncovered the group, said to be planning a string of attacks in Morocco.