Madrid- Portuguese attacker Cristiano Ronaldo, evermore infamous Real Madrid football club player, reassured loving fans that he will be fit and prepared to take on the Champions League final kicking off next Saturday.
Ronaldo was involved in a training ground collision, with Kiko Casilla after Dani Carvajal pushed him into the goalkeeper’s path which caused quite a stir.
“It was a little scare, sandwiched together, but in a couple of days I will be good,” Ronaldo told reporters.
“I think I get better, I’ve improved, I had a small problem but after being the most widely used player it’s normal,” he added.
Spanish national daily sport newspaper MARCA confirmed that physicians ruled out the case of a pulled hamstring, and that the incident is not panic worthy.
Ronaldo had already missed a few games late in the season – including the first leg of the Champions League semifinal against Manchester City. Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane emphasized that the Portuguese star sitting out was a precautionary measure only, and that Ronaldo will be more than ready for the Saturday game.
“There will be no problem. He felt something on Saturday when we had a game between us and he didn’t play as a precaution,” said Zidane.
“He will be ready for Saturday and I think we are in good shape physically,” he added.
On a different matter, Ronaldo noted that Atletico Madrid’s style makes them difficult to play against.
“They play always the same, behind the line of the ball, it is no coincidence that Barcelona and Bayern Munich were not able to win against them,” said Ronaldo.