Manama-Bahrain’s Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa said Monday his country will not allow anyone to create an internal challenge stressing that regulatory procedures are necessary, as no country can bear the consequences of instability, particularly in the presence of enough external threats.
Prince Khalifa bin Salman’s comments came following measures taken by the government to revoke the nationality of Isa Qasim and examine a judicial request to dissolve Al Wefaq National Society.
While receiving on Monday Shura Council Chairman Ali bin Saleh Al Saleh, members of the Council of Representatives and Shura members, in the presence of senior state officials, the prime minister said that His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa’s directives are always aimed at achieving the best for the citizens, stressing the government’s keenness on implementing the royal directives and meeting the people’s aspirations for security, stability and advanced services.
The Prime Minister stressed the need for further collective and complementary work between the executive and legislative branches amid the critical situation the region and the world are currently going through.
“We will not allow anyone to create for us an internal challenge,” he said.
Prince Khalifa bin Salman said he regretted to see some biased stances voiced towards the events in the region, and which reflect non-awareness of the size of the terrorist threat that is putting the region’s security and stability at risk.
Bahrain’s High Criminal Court is expected to hold a session on Tuesday for examining the request to dissolve Al Wefaq group and return all its funds to the Bahraini state.
Bahrain’s government, represented by the Minister of Justice, had filed a lawsuit to request dissolving the group for conducting terrorist acts in the country.
Meanwhile, the Bahraini judiciary issued a ruling on Monday to place to jail five people and revoke their nationality in the case of Al-Mukhbtar Brigades and “Wafa Islamic Movement.”
The Criminal Court sentenced three defendants from Al-Mukhtar Brigades terrorist group to 15 years in prison, and two others from the Wafa Islamic Movement, the first for 10 years and the second for three years.
A-Mukhtar Brigades terrorist group had previously recruited terrorists and had arranged for them to meet with terrorist leaders outside Bahrain. The terrorist group had also possessed and used unlicensed weapons and explosives, and had raised funds to attack security members.
Chief of Terror Crimes Prosecution, Advocate General Ahmed Al Hammadi said the Fourth Higher Criminal Court issued a ruling on Monday against suspects who were found guilty of joining Al-Mukhtar Brigades terrorist group, possessing and using unlicensed weapons and explosives for terrorist purposes.
He said the Fourth Higher Criminal Court sentenced three defendants to 15 years each and the revocation of their citizenship.
The court also imposed a fine of BD200,000 on the second defendant and ordered the confiscation of seized items.