Cologne- Charged with joining the terrorist organization, one of ISIS’ notorious terrorists returning to Germany from Syria is set for trial this Wednesday. Harry S., 27, fought among the ranks of the ultra-hardline militants in each of Syria and Iraq.
The latter is charged with affiliation with a foreign terrorist organization, the robbery of a German retail shop, and the holdup of two senior German citizens, both thefts committed within two months prior to his leave to Syria in April, 2015. With an 84-paged prosecution case file, the trial is expected to last until the end of 2016.
Born in Bremen and to catholic parents from Ghana, he left to Syria accompanied by another extremist known by Adnan S. in 2015.
Harry S. said that he had been assigned to a special operations ISIS units after he had successfully completed training. Moreover, he witnessed many decapitations, however, stood aside from the killing and claims that he had not participated in any of the fights.
Breaking his months-long silence, Harry S. revealed and for the first time the existence of a house in Syria in which French and German suicide attackers live. Once finished with training, he says he was to become a part of a special unit, a kind of suicide squad for house-to-house combat. Harry.S claims that during his brief time in Syria, he was never sent into battle — but he claims to know many young men, including Germans.
In the compound, young people – minors especially- are trained and prepared to fulfill their roles as human ticking bombs. Harry S. mentioned that ISIS leaders
asked him on how ready he is to stage a terrorist attack back home, yet claims that he refused the mission.
The son of parents from Ghana, Harry S., added that the ISIS members proposing the suicide mission were French and had reiterated their desire to stage attacks in France as to encourage Harry S. to embark on the attack.
Harry S. also explained that with German recruits refusing to stage attacks back home, ISIS determinedly looks for other young European converts.