Aden-Hadramaut’s Governor Brigade Ahmed Saeed Bin Braik said that 57 terrorists have so far surrendered themselves. The Brigade urged the rest of the militants to hand themselves over for questioning before the deadline that was set by local and security authorities in the governorate expires in five days.
Bin Braik ordered judicial authorities, security bodies and public prosecutions to “resolve citizens’ problems, commit to their tasks and serve Hadramaut responsibly,” during a meeting for the security committee held on Wednesday. He highlighted the importance of implementing security guidelines within a scheduled timeframe to achieve stability and purge the governorate of extremist armed groups.
“Total cost of rebuilding up to 11,231 houses in Aden is approximately USD74 million (YER18,500,000),” said Ghassan al-Zamki, Aden Governorate undersecretary for projects, during a meeting held on Wednesday for the Public Works and Roads office.
Al-Zamki called on the Yemeni government to follow up with sponsors who are willing to provide funds to help the local authorities perform their tasks and accelerate the process of rebuilding the houses of citizens, who are anticipating their return home. He hailed the support shown by Kuwait Fund for Arab and Economic Development, which has granted USD2 million and has promised to provide another USD5 million.
“More support is needed to fulfil a comprehensive rebuilding that covers all damages,” added al-Zamki.
Furthermore, a security unit specialized in combatting terrorism in Aden security department in coordination with Lahij security department arrested a top al-Qaeda official, Mazen Mohsen Abdullah, who goes by the nom de guerre of Khilad al-Dibah.
Aden Police Spokesman Abdulrahman al-Naqib said that it raided the shelter of the internationally wanted Abdullah in a village at Al Houta suburbs.
Abdullah has planned and participated in assassinations and bombings that targeted civilians and security figures or even vital establishments.