A car bomber attacked a Danish convoy belonging to the NATO-led military mission in the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Sunday.
International forces were all safe, however, the attack let a number of civilians wounded, according to security officials. Security officials say five civilians had been wounded while the interior ministry put the figure at three.
Some civilians may have been killed but Afghan officials reported no fatalities, a Danish military spokesman stated.
Captain William Salvin, a spokesman for NATO’s Resolute Support mission, confirmed an attack had occurred and said a team was on the scene to recover the vehicle, according to Reuters.
“There are no Resolute Support casualties as a result of the explosion,” Salvin he said in an emailed statement.
The Danish spokesman said the Danish soldiers were part of a security team who normally take part in protecting advisers traveling to and from the Afghan military academy near Kabul.