A US drone strike has killed three suspected members of al-Qaeda in Yemen’s southern Shabwa province, Yemeni officials said on Saturday.
The strike hit a vehicle in Saeed district late Friday, killing the driver and both passengers, the officials said.
The missile strike left their bodies charred, they added.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak to the press.
Washington considers al-Qaeda’s Yemen-based branch to be its most dangerous and has conducted a long-running drone war against its leaders.
Since US President Donald Trump took office in January, the campaign has intensified.
Last month, US commandos conducted a ground raid on an al-Qaeda headquarters compound in Marib province, further north, killing at least seven militants in a fight that left several US troops wounded.