Peace talks resumed on Wednesday after they were suspended by the Yemeni government for three days in protest at a Houthi assault on a military base near the capital Sanaa, the U.N. envoy trying to negotiate an end to the war said.
Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed said on Twitter the talks began in Kuwait City after all sides in the conflict agreed to form a committee to look into what happened in the governorate of Amran, which reportedly came under attack by the Houthis.
That attack had halted the talks earlier.
The envoy tweeted a picture of delegates representing the main sides sitting around a U-shaped table and said talks would focus on cementing the shaky ceasefire.
A civil war in Yemen escalated when an armed push by the Houthis cast the government into exile on March 26 last year.
Last Saturday, the envoy said that he received two proposals regarding prospects of a comprehensive vision to Yemen, particularly security and political issues, including withdrawal of troops, and handing over weapons.