New York- Cairo- Details on the Saudi-led Arab coalition being pitched into the U.N. blacklist for alleged violation of child’s rights in Yemen reveal that the coalition was not enlisted to start with. U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon’s office had cast the name later on, sources located in New York reported.
Diplomats located in New York found the action taken confounding, given that primary reports did not exhibit any indicatives mentioning the Arab coalition. Moreover, the controversial last minute addition was made from the U.N. Secretary General’s office.
Information coming from U.N. sources disclosed that the Arab coalition was added to the list on Friday morning.
Sources told Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper that the coalition was not cited in the chief report.
When asked about the sudden decision, the U.N. Spokesperson kept the answer short to alleged incidents of violations against child’s rights in Yemen. Noteworthy, in the given response no clear indications or evidence were stated.
On the other hand, the Arab coalition had continuously denied the existence of such desecrations.
The Saudi-led coalition began a military campaign in Yemen in March last year with the aim of preventing Iran-allied Houthi rebels and forces loyal to Yemen’s ex-President Ali Abdullah Saleh from taking control of the country.
Meanwhile, Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper procured news from well-informed sources that Yemeni President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi had examined a score of propositions made on a prospect political settlement with Houthi insurgents and their insurgency ally, former Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh.
The propositions and considerations will be presented at the negotiations so that they would be made an official roadmap for settlement. President Hadi said that he looks forward to a true peace which lays the foundations to a secure outlook for future generations, and to establish a federal Yemen that all Yemenis desire.
President Hadi reiterated that a fragile peace holding the seeds of dormant conflict is undesired.