London- The debate between the Iranian government and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) continues on the decision to launch ballistic missiles at Deir al Zour, Syria, on Thursday as Deputy Commander of al-Quds force Ismail Qaiana affirmed that the decision was taken by Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
Qaiana commented on the statements of the government and the IRGC on the party responsible for taking the decision of the attack conducted by IRGC on Sunday via launching six ground-to-ground ballistic missiles from Kurdistan and Kermanshah.
Iran said, “The six missiles were launched as a response to two attacks that ISIS claimed responsibility on the parliament headquarters and Khomeini mausoleum on June 7.”
In this regard, the IRGC explained in a statement issued on Wednesday details of the attack at Deir al Zour and the number of ISIS losses, hours after statements made by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani where he hinted on Khamenei and IRGC when he said that decision wasn’t taken by a single person or special party.
Rouhani added that the attack’s decision was taken by the Supreme National Security Council that has granted the armed forces powers wider that launching missiles after the two attacks on Tehran. He continued that the foreign policy towards regional and international topics did not change.
Statements of the Iranian president indicated that tension between him and the IRGC is still ongoing, knowing that this military body criticized him severely during his electoral campaigns last month.
In the same context, Iran’s Parliamentary Speaker Ali Larijani and his brother Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Larijani issued detailed statements hailing the role of IRGC. Parliament speaker said that the attack on ISIS was a message to the US and Israel.